Swift River Medical Associates
Call Us: +1(413) 213-0550
35 Bridge St. #1
Belchertown, MA 01007
MEDENT Patient Portal
Patient Portal Video Tutorial
What is the MEDENT Patient Portal?
- The MEDENT Patient Portal provides you with secure, online access to portions of your medical records, as well as an easy and convenient way to communicate with the practice through a secure internet connection. Think of it as an online account for your doctor's office, similar to online banking or credit card accounts you may currently have. Once you are logged into your portal account, the information you view pulls from your own personal medical record. Only you will have access to your health records, including any messages or information sent to you from the practice. With the patient portal you will be able to:
- Send and receive non-urgent messages and information from your doctors office, including test results and educational material
- Easily notify the practice of changes to your personal information, including phone number, address, and insurance changes
- Request a refill for a medication prescribed by a provider at the practice
- View upcoming and previous appointments, including the doctor and location of those appointments
- View and/or print your current medications and allergies list
How is the MEDENT Patient Portal secure?
- We take great care to make sure your health information is kept private and secure. The MEDENT Patient Portal uses HTTPS to provide encrypted communication between you and your doctor's office. Access to your portal account is controlled through secure access codes, personal ID's, and passwords. Only you will have access to the login information needed to view your account.
What are the benefits of the MEDENT Patient Portal?
- The MEDENT Patient Portal helps you take a more active role in your healthcare. Having a patient portal account helps the practice create a more accurate record of your medical history as well as educate you on certain aspects of your health. It provides you and the practice with a more efficient means of communication, eliminating sources of frustration such as phone tag. You will also be able to print or download portions of your chart to take with you to other providers participating in your care, thus reducing the amount of paperwork you may need to fill out.
- Having a patient portal account also helps to eliminate the amount of paper waste a practice produces. Documents, letters, and orders that might otherwise be mailed to you can be sent quickly and conveniently to your portal account. You will continue to have access to these documents until you choose to delete them from your inbox, so you won't have to worry about important medical papers or letters getting damaged or lost.
- We cannot send medical information thru regular email, only thru our portal.
What do I need to use the MEDENT Patient Portal?
- You will need access to a computer connected to the internet and an up-to-date browser (such as Internet Explorer or Safari). You will also need an email address. The email address you provide is only used to notify you when you have a new message in your portal account. It is treated with the same privacy and care as your health records and will never be sold or leased. It is recommended that you use an email address only you have access to.
How do I sign up?
- In order to have a patient portal account you will need to already be a patient at this practice. To activate your account, you will need to receive an activation code from us. Once you have received the code, you will be able to create your own username, password, and other login information used to verify your identity. If you would like to activate your portal account, please contact the office to receive your activation code.